Double Red Flag Warning Dangerous Conditions -- Surf’s Up Too High Every year, Becca’s Place … learn more
To our Recreation Student Families
Becca’s Place Gymnastics prides itself on providing a fun, loving and most of all safe environment for your children to learn the sport of gymnastics. We want to do everything we can to be safe and keep our doors open for business in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic.
That is why effective Friday, November 20, all recreation students ages 5 and up will be required to wear masks during practice. A student will be able to take their mask off only when they are performing a skill by themselves on the floor or another apparatus.
We know that this will be an unpopular decision with some of our families, but we took several factors into consideration when making this decision including:
- The rising case counts in the region, including right here in Hardin County, which has been among the highest in the state as of late.
- The safety of our students, their families and our staff.
- Our team kids have followed these masking guidelines successfully since we re-opened and we’ve seen first-hand how it has helped mitigate exposure.
- Gyms across the country have successfully implemented these same practices for their recreation students.
- The advice of doctors who have assured us that wearing masks during gymnastics is not dangerous as this is largely a strength vs cardio form of exercise and, for safety reasons, masks will be removed when on an apparatus.
We want to assure you that we have not experienced an outbreak and will be fully transparent about any potential exposures. Ultimately, we want to keep our doors open and provide your children with an opportunity to do something social and physical at a time when there aren’t as many options to do so.
Discipline and perseverance are among the many lessons that gymnastics teaches us and we can apply those teachings to our current circumstances and this new rule. Our thanks for your support and understanding as we navigate this new environment with nothing but the best interest of our students, their families and our staff.
If you have any questions about this new policy, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Jenn and Jess